Alright, I'm going to share with you a deep discussion I had with my girlfriend Kim (and when I say girlfriend, I mean good friend. I feel the need to clarify since the guy at Costco thought we were getting married to EACHOTHER when we were checking out! That's another story though!) Anyway, we were discussing the trend of wearing boots over your jeans. Both of us love the look, and yet are scared to take the plunge. I convinced her to buy a pair (disclaimer: I would normally not "convince" someone to buy anything, but she was told by her mom to go pick out some things for herself as Christmas gifts so it was ok in this scenerio). She then proceeded to buy a pair of skinny jeans to wear under them! As we were getting ready to go out that night for a friends' graduation from Western (Congrats again Jamie!) we pondered whether it was worth taking risks in fashion. It typically goes something like this: You try on your risky outfit, as you're looking in the mirror part of your mind feels like you look pretty cute while the other part of your mind is saying you look like a fool. (Some of you are lucky like me and have a husband that will confirm you look like a fool) You convince yourself you're going to wear the outfit, and after 3 or 4 compliments, it becomes your new favorite outfit! If you don't receive any compliments, you're likely to never wear the outfit again! Anyway, my deep thoughts on the issue were: "I believe you have to take a few risks in the fasion world. If you choose not to, it's likely that your children will be completely embarrassed about what you're wearing by the time they're in high school." That's a trademark quote... not to be used without my name as the author :-). So... in an effort to make sure my future kids are not embarrassed of me, I took the plunge...

I should also mention that I got these normally $60 boots for $15 (plus shipping) at
http://www.15dollarstore.com/! I love a good deal!
3 comments:
It was worth the risk - they look cute! Good job on the deal too!
Cute boots! And now I'm off to check out that website ;)
I hate to tell you this my dear but it does not matter what you do - your kids will still be embarassed by you when they are in high school!
Post a Comment