Hello hello,
Thought I better give a baby update! We are 25 weeks now, and approaching the big 6 month mark!! For some reason, 6 months pregnant always stands out as the significant month... you're pretty far along, easily showing, and the countdown is definitely on. The funny thing is, now that I'm approaching 6 months, I don't neccessarily feel that way. As far as baby girl goes, she is around 1 and a half lbs, basically fully developed (just fine tuning everything, building strength, and putting on weight), and around 10" long. It amazes me that she's that big, and yet fits into my tiny little belly. Oh, it also seems that she may already have high aspirations to be a gymnist, as she practices her acrobats on a daily basis. We're not talking a little stretching, we're talking full uterus routines with kicks, tumbles, flips and twirls. Until daddy comes along that is, she is still quite bashful when he's around.
As for the nursery, it actually looks like a nursery! My amazing husband painted the furniture that had been given to us while I was gone this weekend so we were able to move most of the furniture into the room on Sunday night! Right now it's just black and grey, so I'm excited to get some pink in there! As I type, I've got my nursery fabrics washed and in the dryer so the next few weeks I'll be busy sewing sewing sewing! Yay! That excites me! Oh, and for those of you who are thinking... oh wow, she's so great, she can sew, blah blah blah. Let me be honest, I search the craft blogs online and use the tutorials that have step by step picture directions. That's the only way I really know how to sew :). The site I found for the crib bedding is www.sew4home.com and it has LOTS of other home projects so if you're in the mood for sewing but don't really know what you're doing, check it out!
Lastly, regarding baby girl's name. I THINK Rich and I have decided to keep it narrowed down to 2 names, and bring them to the hospital with us to decide between when she's born. I capitalize I 'think' because most things I plan are subject to change at any time, especially something like this. If you know me, you know it's sooo NOT me to not have a name picked out already, let alone when she's born! So I think it'll be good/fun for me to keep telling people we don't have a name and wait it out. Just know, the narrowing it down to 2 and deciding when she's born is about as spontaneous as I'm willing to get! I refuse to bring any more than 2 names to the hospital! :) By the way, some of you already know one of the names (although it's subject to change as well) and we're definitely not telling the other name, so don't ASK!
That's all for now! I took the day off so I need to start being productive!
1 comment:
You know, we didn't tell the name partly because I thought we'd decide "for sure" in the hospital. Yeah, I wasn't really in the mood to have a chat with Gabe after giving birth. It was more of a, sobbing-my-eyes-out-never-been-happier-in-love-with-everyone-blissed-out-euphoric kind of day. My mom was there and asked, "What's the name?" Gabe blurted it out without even double-checking with me! Trust your instincts. It's a very fun surprise. I can't WAIT to meet her!
Post a Comment