Friday, February 6, 2009

Random Things

Hello, hello. This post is going to be full of random things to hold you over for a whole week! That's right, Rich and I are taking off for Indiana on Sunday morning (if you consider 2AM Sunday morning, I tend to think of it as Saturday night). We are going with a bunch of people from church to attend a "basics in biblical counseling" seminar/conference/class. Here are my thoughts on that... I'm super excited about the week, BUT... not excited about the flight. My ears have been bothering me for the past month or so (I keep thinking the pain will go away on it's own) and I have a history of incredibly painful earaches while descending. In addition, I have been fighting a cold this week (proud to say I'm winning!) So, I did some reading online about flying with an ear infection (just in case that's what I have) and got all kinds of tips! The first one, was to go to the doctor, which I am going to do today at 2:20. I'm pretty excited about the next ones though because they're things I've never tried before! My plan is... take decongestants every 6 hours for 24 hours before the flight, take an ibuprofen approx. 1/2 before landing, AND test out Earplanes! I'm excited about the Earplanes, I've been reading great reviews online! If they work, I will be soo excited!! Flying will be sooo much less of a headache (or earache :-) haha!! So, wish me luck that they will work for me (my sister was told once that we have little ear tubes (like children) so that's why our ears don't adjust like they're supposed to. Oh, also, last night Rich and I went over to my sister's house and "dewaxed" our ears... if you're curious what I mean by that... I think there might be pictures floating around somewhere :-).
On another note... I just stole my mom's camera from her and so I should have some fun posts with old pictures (there were 342 pictures from the last year and a half that she had not taken off her camera) to share with you all when I get back.
Also, you probably noticed I still don't have a countdown to the cruise on the side of my blog... well, I followed Tanya's instructions step by step, and apparently that gadget is "broken". I'm thinking maybe my blog is "broken" because I tried other gadgets and they also say they're "broken???
Last and possibly most enjoyable for you, here are 25 random things about ME!
1. I procrastinated doing this 25 random things, just like I do with everything else!
2. I love Jesus
3. My hair is naturally dirty blonde, but my eyebrows are dark, so I dye my hair dark to match.
4. I have been married to the most amazing man for 3 years and 4 months.
5. I work in an office, but spend a good portion of my day staring out the window.
6. I want to have 3 biological children, then adopt 2 more when my kids are older (if only Rich did too!)
7. I am leaving for a cruise in the Eastern Carribean in 30 days!
8. I'm still bitter over the fact that my best friend from high school moved away (but I still love you Hayley!)
9. I went to college in South Dakota, and would move back in an instant if it didn't mean leaving my family behind. 9.b. I've ALWAYS wanted to live in the midwest.
10. Approximately 75% of my clothes are second hand.
11. My cousin Josh walked me down the aisle in my wedding because I saw him as the spiritual mentor that I think a father should be.
12. I am certified to give people biblical financial counseling.
13. I don't drink caffeine because it makes me shake.
14. I'm still adjusting to the idea that my kids will go to Mt. Baker (I may never fully accept it)
15. My least favorite part about my job is answering the phone.
16. I have a passion for discussing religion and politics with anyone who'll join me!
17. I hate seeing people get away with bad stuff, I'm working on letting it go.
18. If I went back to school right now, I'd study political science
19. I never knew I could love an animal as much as I love our little Cashy (who's really not little anymore)
20. I don't mind being in front of a crowd, Rich on the other hand, can't handle it!
21. I LOVE mowing the lawn with my ipod on and singing at the top of my lungs (I've toned it down ever since Rich said he could hear me from the house).
22. I have a TERRIBLE sweet tooth.
23. I cry when I laugh... so much that my girlfriends in high school went to a career day for nurses and asked the instructor if something was wrong with me.
24. I am allergic to whey protein - hence my weight, or lack there of
25. I should really get back to work now :-)

No comments: